So I’ve been tagged by the poetic Mr Benedict Ambrose. I assume it doesn’t have to be interesting.
1. The rules of the game get posted on the beginning.
2. Each player answers the rules about himself [or indeed herself].
3. At the end of the post, the player tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they’ve been tagged and asking them to read his [or her] blog.
What I was doing ten years ago:
Ten years was just over a third of my life ago. I was still in school, sitting my Highers and my driving test. Soon to apply to study language at university, and the rest is just recent history.
Five things on my To-Do list today:
1. Recover from doing a presentation, (a) first thing in the morning and (b) when I should be writing up
2. Add graphs to chapters 2 and 3
3. Discuss the spoonerism correlations
4. Fix all the 40-odd cross-references that Microsoft Word messed up on me yesterday
5. Go and hear a lecture by Michael Tomasello in the afternoon, when I should be writing up
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Organise mortgages for all the engaged couples and newly weds I know
2. Pension off all my family members
3. Donate wildly to the CI, Oxfam, Barnabas, Macmillan …
4. Get myself some proper bookcases
5. Be the next RW Forsyth
Three of my bad habits:
1. Nodding off at my desk
2. and hoping nobody notices
3. Uttering to my supervisors phrases such as, ‘No that shouldn’t be a problem, it won’t take too long I don’t imagine.’
Five places I’ve lived:
5. That’s it
Five jobs I’ve had:
1. Cleaning rooms in hotels
2. Ironing curtains in a laundry
3. Transcribing children’s disordered speech
5. Bits of tutoring and lecturing
Five books I’ve recently read:
Depends how recently is defined, and do repeats count?
1. Pennington (ed), Phonology in Context
2. DA Carson, The Gagging of God
3. Thomas Boston, A View of the Covenant of Grace
4. Tomasello, Constructing a Language
5. Matthew Henry, The Communicant’s Companion
Five people or communities I’m going to tag:
* Clare, my tea companion
* Richard the reiterator
* Andii at nouslife
* Grant, frog-squisher extraordinaire
* James, secure in the knowledge he won’t be interested